Supply Chain & Logistics Manager
|Job Title:||Supply Chain & Logistics Manager|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Feist|
|Job Published:||May 17, 2018 19:04|
Supply Chain & Logistics Manager
Permanent - Salary Circa £70,000
Southampton, Hampshire with travel to a 2nd UK site
An optical component manufacturing company based in Southampton, Hampshire is seeking a new Supply Chain & Logistics Manager due to their current person changing roles internally.
This is a senior role within the businesses Operations team and is responsible for managing all supply chain activities encompassing both materials and services across the business as well as effectively managing and developing supplier relationships.
Within this role, you will be managing all supply chain activities encompassing both materials and services across the business as well as effectively managing and developing supplier relationships.
This is a key role in a rapidly growing technology company and requires an individual who can establish structured and efficient business processes across sites while negotiating at the highest level. You will be required to travel on a regular basis to lead teams on both the companies sit UK sites and to manage a global supplier base.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Functional responsibility
o Provide leadership to the supply chain team spread across 2 UK sites
o Propose appropriate KPI's that align with the company's current objectives and drive continuous improvement against those objectives
o Establish efficient business processes in the field of supply chain management, including purchasing, planning and supplier management
• Procurement Function
o Development and implementation of new methodologies to support and enhance or current Purchasing processes.
o Accountable for the implementation and management of an agreed procurement strategy that will meet and deliver profit (through savings) and support growth targets.
o Influential in maximising the cost effective global sourcing of materials and services to achieve agreed targets.
o Extract maximum value from our ERP system (WinMan) whilst driving lean techniques in our material management process.
o Negotiating contracts for the procurement of materials and services from approved suppliers.
o Process of Purchasing Orders with an annual spend of circa £45m
o Recommending and monitoring sources of supply, price levels, lead-times, whilst continuing to develop the supply base.
o Protecting the supply of strategic materials by developing key supplier relationships
o Working with Engineering on New Product Introductions, including early supplier involvement.
• Material and Warehouse Management
o Control, storage and distribution of material.
o Provide leadership regarding Inventory Management by using key metrics that measure and drive behaviors in key areas; like inventory levels, stock turns, stock accuracy, aged inventory and space utilisation.
o Manage the periodic process for validating inventory accuracy using appropriate tools & methods.
o Responsible for the overall operations of our warehouses facilities.
o Responsible for the Goods Receiving
o Eliminate waste by establishing lean strategies to improve the flow and management of material and processes
• Likely to be a senior Procurement/Logistics/Supply Chain professional leading a team.
• At least 10 years’ experience in the broad "Supply Chain" function, including a track record of leading logistics change projects, purchasing and warehouse operations within a manufacturing industry
• Excellent commercial acumen with a proven success of managing supplier performance and negotiations of purchase and commercial terms and conditions.
• Highly capable regarding ERP/MRP systems
• Auditing skills advantageous although not essential
• Degree qualified in either a technical or business discipline
• IT literate, strong knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Self confidence combined with strong negotiation, leading & coaching skills.
• Embraces change in a rapidly moving environment
• Able to analyse data and provide clear interpretation of the key points as required
• Disciplined in fact-based debate and decision making
• Creative & innovative
• Recognised as a "problem solver" with strong influencing, organisation and planning skills
• Able to Able to work calmly under pressure within a busy and dynamic environment.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with all levels of the organization and suppliers, including reporting of KPI's and key issues to senior management
• Has the drive and initiative to manage their own workload, able to be flexible, prioritise and deliver against deadlines with minimal supervision, balancing independence with teamwork
• Able to work across our two manufacturing sites; it is envisaged that the working week will be split between these two locations.
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV to us.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's