Motorsport & Automotive Global Supplier is recruiting a new SQA Engineer on a permanent basis.
My client is expanding their quality department due to new projects they are undertaking. The SQA Engineer will report into and work alongside the QA Manager across supplier development.
The role requires frequent travel globally, 50/60% of the time. Flexibility to this is required. The role can be based out of either Coventry or Thetford, Norfolk when office based.
This role exists to improve the end-to-end supply chain performance of product and service suppliers. This includes: the development of supply chain related procedures and processes; supplier assessment and qualification; management of supplier concerns; leading/coordinating supplier APQP activities; management of problem resolution and other quality/purchasing improvement initiatives and activities.
The role includes assessment of the current supplier base to identify, evaluate and develop suppliers capable of providing cost effective quality component for existing and future projects.
- Carrying out supplier qualification assessments including detailed on-site process audits (to automotive standards)
- Preparing sourcing recommendations based on the results of supplier assessment activities
- Communication and implementation of supplier quality and inspection requirements
- Leading the implementation of supplier development activities with the aim of delivering year-on-year supplier QCD improvements
- Establishing supplier scorecards monitoring quality, delivery and commercial performance
- Leading the successful implementation and owning the delivery of specific APQP / PPAP for New Product Introduction and sourcing activities
- Working closely with Quality, Engineering, Manufacturing and Programme Management on supplier selection for new products and services
- Approving new products and services in line with company procedures
- Dealing with specific non-conforming product containment incidents, identifying root causes and ensuring robust and rigorous problem resolution in a timely manner
- Leading supplier monitoring visits and audits, both in the UK and overseas, as required
- Supporting the implementation and subsequent maintenance of systems and processes to ensure compliance with the ISO9001 Management Systems standard
- Analysis and reporting of supplier quality incidents.
- Must demonstrate minimum 5 years’ experience of working within automotive design and development programs
- Experience gained in a supply chain quality environment, preferably in high volume automotive manufacturing business
- Experience of automotive supplier assessment and selection activities
- Experience of auditing both internal and supplier processes
- Experience of supplier development programmes to drive quality improvements
- Knowledge of APQP tools and techniques (including FMEA and Control Plans)
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, process capability and problem resolution tools (8D, 5 Why, 6 Sigma etc.) and techniques
- Knowledge and experience of automotive product development process and activities
- Good communication and professional presentation skills for customer and supplier interfacing
I am looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Engineer that is excited to work in a fast-paced environment.