A new opportunity has arisen with an innovative high-performance business for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join the supply chain department located at their facility in Norwich.
Our client specialises in delivering the most complete and competitive seating packages in the aerospace industry.
You will work closely with Production, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Internal Quality and Engineering and will be responsible for the Quality Assurance of purchased parts throughout the complete product cycle.
- SQA contribution to early-phase concept work and supplier nomination.
- SQA activities within the simultaneous engineering teams and at suppliers as part of the industrialisation process (NPI – APQP, PPAP. FAI )
- Series process and product approval
- Ensuring launch readiness at component level for the introduction of new models
- Closed-loop problem resolution of parts quality issues with suppliers.
- Management of supplier quality performance and implementation of corrective actions.
- Managing the parts quality implications of product changes, supplier relocations and model run-out.
- Managing and leading Supplier Quality Audits
- Proactive & reactive Supplier Development activities, impacting on supplier
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant automotive/aerospace qualification at A Level or equivalent
- Proven track record in Supplier Quality Assurance and/or Supplier Development within automotive and the aerospace industry
- Experience of AS9100 and ISO/TS 16949
- Experience with various manufacturing processes
- Operational experience of quality systems, quality tools & techniques
This position will require regular travel and the individual must hold a current passport and be willing to undertake short and long haul travel on an as required basis.
All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United Kingdom, (EU), hold a valid driver’s license.