Great time to join an expanding company developing some of the very latest technology used to support electric vehicles. We are looking for an Software Test Engineer to test the firmware, which will include the development of test specifications, the creation of test harnesses and the execution of tests as well as the analysis of the results.
- Write test specifications from systems and software requirements
- Develop test harnesses in MATLAB and Simulink to test requirements
- Develop unit test harnesses for software components
- Analyse and report test results
- Assist in the development of Automotive SPICE and ISO 26262 compliant test processes
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate the following relevant skills:
- Ability to write test specifications from requirements and design documentation
- Experience in software test case development
- Experience in creation of software test environments based on Hardware in the Loop
- Experience of developing software unit test cases
- Strong coordination, organisation and communication abilities
- Ability to present technical information
- Ability to self-motivate and work under pressure and time constraints with minimal oversight
We are looking for a SW Test Engineer with a good technical degree in engineering or science, fluent in technical English and with proven experience of test development in industries such as Automotive, Aerospace, Industrial Control or Communications using a V-model verification and validation process.
Any knowledge of Hardware in the Loop environments such as dSPACE as well as familiarity with process-driven development, ideally ISO 26262, IEC 61508, DO-178C or similar safety standards would be beneficial.
If you have knowledge of programming or scripting languages such as Python this would be beneficial, as would knowledge of unit testing tools such as Razorcat Tessy and the ability to interpret SysML diagrams.
Any experience of the following would be a massive bonus:
Electric motors, control systems, Automotive SPICE frameworks, vehicle ECU’s, high power electric and hybrid powertrains, automation testing.
This position would suit an engineer who does not need much training or supervision to get up to speed although the client would consider someone with a couple of years industry experience, but it’s the quality of the experience that is important to them. We are specifically looking for Engineers that have been hands on and involved with HiL testing & automation.
Candidates with automotive experience are preferred although relevant industries include Aerospace, Industrial control and communications and Medical.
• Discretionary Bonus - up to 15%
• Life Assurance
• Pension Scheme
• Private Healthcare
• Share Options
• Learning & Development
• Relocation package
The client has a forward thinking, professional and open culture and are looking for likeminded individuals who can add value to the hardware department.