The primary responsibility of this role is the testing of firmware for the company’s electric motor technology. This includes the development of test specification, creation of test harnesses, executions of tests and analysis of results. As a member of the software team, you’ll be required to collaborate with other teams to meet the company’s goals and targets.
• Write test specifications from systems and software requirements
• Develop test harnesses in MATLAB and Simulink to test requirements
• Develop unit test harnesses for software components
• Analyse and report test results
• Assist in the development of Automotive SPICE and ISO 26262 compliant test processes
Relevant Knowledge & Experience:
• Good technical degree in engineering or science or equivalent expereince
• Fluent in technical English
• Proven experience of test development in industries such as Automotive, Aerospace,
Industrial Control or Communications using a V-model verification and validation process
• Knowledge of Hardware in the Loop environments such as dSPACE
• Familiarity with process-driven development, ideally ISO 26262, IEC 61508, DO-178B or similar safety standards
• Understanding of codes of conduct and ethical working
• Knowledge of programming or scripting languages such as Python
• Knowledge of unit testing tools such as Razorcat Tessy
• Ability to interpret SysML diagrams
• Experience of electric motors and the associated control systems
• Knowledge of Automotive SPICE
• OEM/Tier 1 experience of software test for vehicle ECUs
• Experience working with high power electric and hybrid powertrains
The ideal candidates would be ‘Test Professionals’ that have built a career within Test and enjoy it.
Experience with HiL Rig, DSpace, Python are all relevant as would knowledge of Unit testing.
We are not expecting Engineers to be able to write using C however if they are able to carry out requirements, using Doors as an example, then that would be a bonus.
• Discretionary Bonus
• Life Assurance
• Pension Scheme
• Private Healthcare
• Share Options
• Learning & Development
The client has a forward thinking, professional and open culture and are looking for like minded individuals who can add value to the supply chain function.