Working as part of the software system test department you’ll be undertaking comprehensive testing of marine systems, integrating hardware, software and firmware to ensure that new and updated products achieve agreed performance and quality standards.
At the forefront of subsea innovation for the last 40 years, this company is an independent manufacturing business, employing almost 300 employees worldwide. The company offers interesting engineering challenges that require complex solutions and as such staff turnover is low due to the nature of the work and the way people are treated.
You will be responsible for building, maintaining, creating and executing manual and automated system tests – with a focus on implementing automated tests across the company. Working closely with developers, project managers, and other stakeholders through the testing and development cycle, you will have opportunity to not only test and support existing product lines through the introduction of new features, but to actively shape the test strategy as they increase the use of automated test tools and other DevOps methodologies.
There might be some travel 1-2 a year within the UK, but it is not mandatory.
You’ll need a logical and scrupulous approach with good attention to detail, an open and collaborative approach, good problem solving and fault-finding skills.
• A Degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering/Technical/Mathematics/Science disciplines.
• Software System Testing Qualification (e.g. ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level or equivalent qualification/experience)
• Automated/Manual Software Testing execution and creation experience
• Experience with lifecycle management software (e.g. Jira)
• Experience with test automation tools (e.g. Leapwork, Selenium, Ranorex, Katalon)
• Basic knowledge of programming / scripting (e.g. Python, C#, C++)
• Intermediate user of Microsoft Windows Office Suite specifically programming in Excel
This would suit a Software Test Engineer who is looking for their 2nd or 3rd position in industry and is aware of different testing methods such as System Testing, Functional Testing, Exploratory Testing, Automated Testing, Compatibility Testing, Regression Testing, Reliability Testing, Usability Testing.
The client is specifically looking to develop their automated tests and are looking for someone who can help them with this.
• Generous contributory pension scheme
• 25 days holiday
• Holiday purchase scheme
• Life assurance; 6 x annual salary
• Onsite free parking
• Discretionary company bonus scheme (annual)
• Working hours are 08:30-17:00, Flexitime & one hour for lunch