Our Automotive client specialises in the design, development and manufacture of internal combustion engines and hybrid powertrain systems. We are currently seeking a Software Integration & Applications Engineer to join their team on a permament basis. The key purpose of the role is to develop, integrate, automate and maintain multiple systems within the Build and Test department, providing robust innovative software solutions that add significant value to the business.
• Taking the lead on technical improvement projects across the site providing best practice software related advice to others.
• Liaise with internal customers to understand their requirements and then provide appropriate software solutions. This could include test scripts for automated testing.
• Development of standalone software applications & utilities to facilitate efficiency improvement in day to day testing and data production & storage.
• Produce tailored applications to facilitate test cell automation, remote unmanned running and reliably transfer data to a centralised networked storage
• Development & ownership of SWI’s, COP’S, LWI’s etc and other formal procedures in line with best practise.
• Investigate, support and resolve software related issues personally or by working with external suppliers.
• Continuous improvement & optimisation of developed software & test systems
• Support the specification, installation and commissioning of new equipment.
• Responsibility for off the shelf software used on the test cell PC’s. This will include installation, license management and fault resolution.
• Define, develop & follow standards for code writing and test script writing.
• Maintain a library of code, test set ups and test scripts.
• Suitable software based, engineering or mechatronics degree is desirable
Skills and Experience
• At least 2 years’ experience in automation control software and/or application development.
• Fully familiar with the importance of modular code, validation & testing and comprehensive documentation.
• Proficient and experienced at coding in .net using Microsoft Visual Studio (VB, C# etc).
• Comfortable developing native applications as well as websites.
• Excellent I.T development & diagnostic skills (server, networking, Active Directory, databases, Windows etc)
• Excellent route cause analysis skills & good technical thinker, preferably with experience in electrical and mechanical systems.
• Software project management (end-to-end)
• Good understanding of design of experiment methodologies
• Experience of equipment commissioning processes
• Understanding of instrumentation equipment to support investigation of installations
• Competent coach / trainer
• Good communication, negotiation and influencing skills with people of all levels
• Strategic thinker and business focussed.