These are 7 new positions reporting into the Software Manager and have been created to expand and strengthen the Software team which currently comprises five engineers including Software Engineers, a Software Test Engineer and a Control Systems Engineer.
You'll have responsibility for developing firmware for the companies futuristic products & this includes the development of requirements, implementation of firmware, and verification activities. As a member of the software team, you will be required to collaborate with other teams to meet the company’s goals and targets.
You will be working for an automotive technology firm based across the US, UK and China, & their mission is to drive sustainable transport through innovation, imagination & efficiency.
We are ideally looking for Software Engineers who have worked in the automotive industry and can develop embedded software that will drive electric vehicle technology.
The Software Engineers main responsibilities are:
• Define, develop and review software requirements with particular emphasis on functional safety
• Create software architecture and unit designs in an AUTOSAR framework
• Implement, test and review auto-coded software
• Implement, test and review software source code in C
• Authority for software release
• Provide line management of the software team
• Work closely with the senior management team
• Align, cascade and agree individual objectives to support overall achievement of the company and functional objectives
• Provide a strong interface with other functions, particularly the Systems and Hardware teams
• Encourage and enable the team for delivery of work products considering quality and timing
• Perform reviews of work completed by the software team and manage changes
• Ensure requirements are available to the software team and manage non-conformance
• Contribute to the continued evolution of the product development process and ensure that it is understood, managed and executed
• Develop, recruit and lead by example
• Support continuous improvement of relevant software systems and procedures
Relevant Knowledge & Experience
• Good technical degree in engineering or science
• Fluent in technical English
• Sound knowledge of embedded software development using the C language
• Proven experience of software design for embedded systems in industries such as Automotive, Aerospace, Industrial Control or Communications using a formal development process
• Familiarity with process-driven development, ideally ISO 26262, IEC 61508, DO-178B or similar safety standards
• Experience in auto-coding using tools such as Mathworks Embedded Coder or dSPACE TargetLink
• Experience of software development in an AUTOSAR environment
• Experience in deriving and developing software requirements
• Understanding of codes of conduct and ethical working
• Experience of SysML
• Experience of software testing including Hardware-in-the-Loop and Unit Test
• Experience of electric motors and the associated control systems
• Knowledge of Automotive SPICE
• Knowledge of PC software development tools
• OEM/Tier 1 experience with software for vehicle ECUs
• Experience working with high power electric and hybrid powertrains
• Discretionary Bonus - Up to 15%
• Life Assurance
• Pension Scheme
• Private Healthcare
• Share Options
• Learning & Development
If you would like to apply for this opportunity please send me your CV in MS Word format.
We will never send your CV to our clients without consulting with you first.