Our F1 client are seeking a Software Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. This is a fantastic chance to work in the Motorsport industry on the technology of the future, in a fast paced and challenging environment. The key objective is the development and maintenance of software tools and simulation models. You will ideally hold a Degree in Computer Science Engineering, and a high level of expertise in real-time C/C++ development.
• Responsibility for the development of software tools.
• Develop software solutions for real-time controllers using graphical and textual programming.
• Design and implement vehicle serial communication protocols such as CAN, J1939, CANopen or similar.
• Provide maintenance and support for existing applications.
• Facilitate development of use case specifications with internal and external customers.
• Participate in design reviews, FMEAs and Safety Analysis and Hazard and Risk Assessments.
• Rigorously test software and design software for test.
• Gain excellent exposure of the full software lifecycle: being able to take complex software from
• concept, through production and then maintenance.
• Participate in the full lifecycle of real-time embedded software development (C/C++).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Degree in Computer Science Engineering or similar, or equivalent qualification or experience
• Expertise and experience in real-time C/C++ development.
• Expertise in one or more scripting languages.
• Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems.
• Strong foundations in embedded architectures and operating systems.
• Reverse engineering experience (highly desirable).
• Detailed understanding of network communication protocols (highly desirable).
• Expertise in software development lifecycle and tools.
• Cross-cultural working environment experience