We are looking for a Software Engineer and a Senior Software Engineer
You’ll be joining around 70 R&D Engineers all working on the design, development and support of new and updated products and systems. Using the latest in innovative techniques and processes this is a great opportunity for an Software Engineer who enjoys working in an embedded and real time development environment.
The company offers interesting engineering challenges that require complex solutions and as such staff turnover is low due to the nature of the work and the way people are treated.
On a daily basis you will be creating practical, yet innovative, detailed Design Specifications encompassing hardware, software and firmware for new and modified/updated products and systems, through the interpretation of High-Level Design Specifications generated as a result of market demand, specific customer request or engineering initiatives.
You’ll be working in a dedicated software team within the R&D department and working to specific project timescales. On occasion you may be asked to visit the customer but this is not a regular feature.
We are ideally looking for a Graduate who has studied Electrical or Electronic Engineering with a heavy dose of programming, mathematics or Physics in the syllabus.
This scope of the role includes development of firmware deployed on a range of subsea devices, embedded web pages and engineering tools.
• Writing succinct, reliable code in a variety of languages.
• Acquisition of data from the physical world and manipulation of that data.
• Develop software and embedded firmware for these products.
• Communicate work and ideas/improvements to other group members.
• Proactive problem solving.
Industry experience in some of the following is also required:
• Comprehensive experience of C/C++
• Degree (1st/2.1 Physics or Engineering)
• A-levels in Maths, Physics and one other subject at A/A*
This opportunity would suit a Software Engineer who is creative & technically curious. Engineers who are analytical, show good attention to detail and have an open communication style would work well in this company.
• 25 days holiday
• Excellent Pension
• Death in Service x6
• Health Cover
• Bonus - PRP (not guaranteed but has historically paid between 5-18%)
Hours of work are 8.30 – 5pm (flexitime available)
The client is open to someone working remotely, but would like to see them in the office periodically through the month.