We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join a small but growing company and help them move to the next phase. You’ll be working closely with the Technical Director, Software Engineer and Communications Expert with the specific purpose of developing structured, clean & well written code. It’s a relaxed yet professional environment and you’ll be working with some of the very latest technology that uses diverse IT and Engineering systems such as AWS, embedded software and satellite communications.
Our client is pushing the boundaries further for using unmanned aviation to operate beyond visual line of sight. As part of their latest major technology project, you will have a key role in designing and implementing the operational systems at the heart of their business.
In order to apply for this position, you should have the following skills and experience:
• Strong engineering skills and software fundamentals.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness.
• Experience writing and working with REST APIs.
• Familiarity with communication protocols.
• Familiarity with cloud stacks and architecture, such as AWS.
• Experience with Linux/Unix.
• Experience with designing for security.
This is varied and wide reaching position. This wouldn’t suit someone who wants to sit at a desk writing specs or someone who doesn’t like trying new methods to solve problems. It’s a small company and you’ll need to have a flexible and proactive attitude, taking the initiative to find solutions to real world problems.
If you genuinely love technology and like working within a modern office/development environment, and would like to join a growing business then this position could be for you.