We are looking for a Senior Web Developer to develop web interfaces for cutting edge products in the marine technology market. You’ll be expected to have an excellent knowledge of Angular built websites delivered on Linux coupled with a thirst to keep this knowledge up to date with new industry trends, features and toolsets.
• Mentor, and guide other engineers & developers in learning and progressing their knowledge in web technologies.
• Develop quality software solutions for our clients products.
• Where necessary produce unit tests for work.
• Carry out constructive code reviews of others work.
• Provide accurate estimations as a part of the team to the Software Development Manager and other project managers to ensure that software is delivered on time and too budget.
• Document software accurately and to the right level of detail to enable other Software Engineers to work on the projects as needed.
• As a part of the team assist with planning the sprints and deadlines for software deliveries.
• Keep up to date on technical changes in web-based frameworks.
• Act as a peer reviewer for other Software Engineer’s documentation.
• 3rd Line support for customers, as necessary
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Experience of C++, React, WebGL, SQL and/or NoSQL Databases, TeamCity
• SSO Integration for Websites
• Embedded Software Experience
• In-depth knowledge of Common Web Security Threats and how to avoid them when building Websites
• Cloud based experience in Azure or Amazon AWS.
• Experience of CSS including delivery frameworks such as LESS and SASS
• Multi-lingual Website Support
• HTML, TDD and GIT experience
• SSL Certification and Management on IOT Devices
• Agile software development practices
• Use of Enterprise documentation tools such as Visio, UML and DFDs
• Experience of writing Functional and Technical Specifications
• The ability to review other colleagues’ technical documents and provide constructive feedback
• 25 days holiday
• Excellent Pension
• Life Assurance x6
• Health Cover
• Bonus - PRP (not guaranteed but has historically paid between 5-18%)
Hours of work are 8.30 – 5pm (flexitime available)