This is a great opportunity for an Electrical Engineer who is interested in working for an expanding automotive engineering company involved in electric vehicle solutions. If you enjoy working within a multicultural and multi-skilled team of engineers then you will thrive in this environment.
The Vehicle Engineering Team is responsible for vehicle conversions, which allow the unique capabilities of in wheel motor technology to be demonstrated and tested to maximum effect, both in internal and customer funded vehicle projects. This could be hybrid or pure EV and will usually involve some integration with the base vehicle systems. The Senior Vehicle Electrical Engineer will take ownership of all electrical aspects of these projects at low and high voltage levels and will provide technical support to the Customer Application team and wider business. You will also take ownership of all electrical systems developed to test and characterise these vehicles to quantify the performance benefits of our technologies.
The role will involve occasional travel to global destinations (EU, US, CN primarily).
• Specification, design, integration, test and diagnosis of bespoke hybrid and electric vehicle electrical systems
• Commissioning of all electrical systems including communications busses.
• Test system specification, design and manufacture.
• Providing best practice guidance on low and high voltage vehicle electrical system design.
• Promoting safe working practices near high voltage systems and providing training
• Hands-on installation and repair of vehicle electrical systems, batteries and power train components
• Sub-contractor management for wiring harness and battery manufacture
• Defining, executing and managing vehicle test programmes
• Creation and maintenance of technical manuals and documentation
To apply for this position you should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Good BEng/BSc in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or equivalent
• 5+ years’ experience of electrical/electronic system design in an automotive or similar field
• Strong experience of working with high power electric and hybrid powertrains
• Full UK driving license
• Electronic module design through whole life-cycle
• Second language (ideally Mandarin Chinese)
• EMC testing experience and test-house management
• Mechanical design using SolidWorks / CATIA or similar
This position would suit an Electrical Engineer who is able to produce and understand technical documentation; a can-do attitude with a proactive and open communication style. This is very much a hands-on role with changing priories, so you should be prepared to help out with a variety of tasks. Engineers who have worked for smaller organisations would work well in this company.