Working as part of the research and development team to design, develop, evaluate, and conduct integration, testing, and verification & validation activities on company products with focus on mechanical, electrical and (embedded) software aspects and concludes this with formal reporting. Although this is a management grade position, we are actually looking for an Engineer who can manage the function rather than a big team.
You will define, implement, and maintain reliable and reproducible testing methodologies and equipment, ensuring compliance with quality requirements.
Influences product solutions for the harmonization and standardization to improve quality and robustness.
Define and improve key progress indicators including: requirement coverage, test protocol effectiveness, test execution and defect identification and closure
You are responsible for:
- Developing the vision and standards on testing including vision on automation.
- Keeping professional and technical knowledge up-to-date and doing research to know, trends and
new ways in systems testing. Along with evaluating the updates to standards and the implication of the updated requirements on products and projects.
- Defines and analyzes KPIs across projects to improve judgement of release readiness and release quality.
- Leading test strategy and execution, including influencing decisions on product / solution design.
- Manage stakeholders across business along with external test laboratories.
- Define and drive test automation approaches.
- Serve as SME and coach to members of the Team, and mentor others, particularly in disciplines close to your area of expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of product development and test experience
- Experience with QMS and with corporate governance
- Medical product development experience including hands on knowledge of 60601-X standards
- Military product development experience including hands on knowledge of MIL-STD 810 a plus
- Wireless communication product development experience including hands on knowledge of WIFI and Cell phone standards a plus
- Strong communication skills, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong hands on, proactive approach
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Customer and Quality mind-set
• 16% Annual Incentive.
• Pension scheme - standard 3% and 5% with option to increase up to 10 & 12%
• A range of flexible benefits
• 25 days holidays plus 8 bank holidays – option to purchase more
• 37 hours per week - flexible on start/finish times. You’ll be required on site 3 days per week