Great opportunity for a Senior Transducer Engineer to join a world leading organisation and help create some high end desirable products.
You’ll be joining a busy team of R&D Engineers, focused designing high performance components and transducers in collaboration with our product development team. The role responsibilities are centered around simulation work, electroacoustic, electronics and mechanical measurements with a strong emphasis on measured and perceived performance for the design validation and quality control.
The R&D team is responsible for the development of all new products, from headphones to active, wireless and passive loudspeakers.
As Senior transducer engineer you will be working with product development, production engineering and QA teams, providing your technical expertise in simulation and measurements techniques and assisting them during both pre-production and production phases. This varied role requires occasional far east travel to support our China based production site, up to 8 weeks a year.
In this role, you will lead the transducer team (2 junior engineers) which is actively involved in the design and development of new transducers and work closely with our product engineers to achieve best in class acoustic performance. The role will cover all aspects of transducer design, from theoretical simulation, to prototyping, measurements and subjective evaluation.
Excellent report writing, and presentation skills will be essential in supporting this work. It also requires hands-on, practical skills to support the assessment of transducers and fault finding at all stages of the production process. As part of the wider engineering team you will also be expected to undertake research and development of new and innovative transducer technologies.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in acoustics, physics or electronic engineering.
• 5 years of experience developing electrodynamic transducers from specification to mass production
• Understanding of physical principles of electrodynamic transducers, including non-linear effects
• Extensive knowledge of the COMSOL finite element package (or equivalent)
• Working knowledge of the Klippel R&D and Klippel QC systems
• Experienced in transducer components and assemblies manufacturing processes
• Ability to effectively communicate within a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural context
• Strong drive to drive projects to completion
• Able to create and present test reports in a logical and accurate manner
• Experience of daily management of a small technical team
• Familiar with DFMA, DFMEA, FMEA
• Understanding of the basic principle of sound radiation and room acoustics
- Circa £35k
- 25 Days + Bank Holiday
- Pension (5% employee, 5% employer)
- Life assurance
- Discounted products
- Share option scheme
- Childcare vouchers
Closing date for all applications: 31st January 2019