Senior Test Software Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Test Software Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Feist|
|Job Published:||October 16, 2018 16:16|
Senior Test Software Engineer
Permanent - Circa £45,000
Based in Southampton with regular travel to Rugby
Our client is looking for a self-starter who can work with minimal input from the project leads, with strong hands-on experience within Software Test an an Engineer level whom can demonstrate taking a project from concept through to production in a medium/large commercial environment.
Demonstration of previous direct exposure to test departments and production line environments is very beneficial
as well as having a proven track record in developing and coaching engineers and operatives across multiple disciplines to transfer code from a development test rig to a production test rig.
To be the Senior Test Software Engineer, developing reliable software solutions for the companies in house test systems; for Pulsed and High-Power laser products. Involvement will be over the full product lifecycle from design and development, through prototyping, verification and validation and then supporting manufacturing test.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Design of test software to support automated test equipment and create test databases using VB.NET, C# and other code languages as necessary.
• Maintain and upgrade the code on existing production and NPI test equipment where and when required.
• Develop SPC data-collection tools linking test results to build databases.
• Document the code to recognised standards.
• Train NPI engineers, test technicians and operators (usually done in conjunction with Product Engineers).
• Provide input to manufacturing test system development, minimizing test times
• Demonstrable experience at a Senior Test Software Engineer level in a medium / large scale commercial production organisation using complex integrated test equipment.
• Delivering projects to time, cost and quality deadlines within a matrix development organization.
• Experience interfacing with National Instruments and other standard electrical and optical test equipment interfaces.
• Demonstrable design skills to comply with appropriate safety directives relevant to the programming of test equipment.
• Good I.T. skills i.e. word, excel or equivalent for the production of software manuals and training materials.
• Familiarity with Fibre Optic or Laser based products
• Good relevant degree in Computing, Physics or Electronics.
• Demonstrated perseverance and drive, e.g. in bringing a development project to commercial market success.
• Ability to work across and lead multiple tasks methodically and efficiently and meet committed timescales.
• Happy to work in a very dynamic environment and adaptable to rapid changes in priorities.
• Proactive approach to supporting the needs of development and production originations.
• Hands-on with creative approach to problem solving and the ability to translate engineering requests into working solutions.
• Ability to identify and use reference material to help execute tasks.
• Strong customer focus.
• Ability to understand and influence complex processes.
• Innovative and proactive self-starter.
To apply please send an MS Word version of your CV across to us for our review and consideration.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's