Senior Test Software Engineer
Permanent - Circa £45,000
Based in Southampton with regular travel to Rugby
Our client is looking for a self-starter who can work with minimal input from the project leads, with strong hands-on experience within Software Test an an Engineer level whom can demonstrate taking a project from concept through to production in a medium/large commercial environment.
Demonstration of previous direct exposure to test departments and production line environments is very beneficial
as well as having a proven track record in developing and coaching engineers and operatives across multiple disciplines to transfer code from a development test rig to a production test rig.
To be the Senior Test Software Engineer, developing reliable software solutions for the companies in house test systems; for Pulsed and High-Power laser products. Involvement will be over the full product lifecycle from design and development, through prototyping, verification and validation and then supporting manufacturing test.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Design of test software to support automated test equipment and create test databases using VB.NET, C# and other code languages as necessary.
• Maintain and upgrade the code on existing production and NPI test equipment where and when required.
• Develop SPC data-collection tools linking test results to build databases.
• Document the code to recognised standards.
• Train NPI engineers, test technicians and operators (usually done in conjunction with Product Engineers).
• Provide input to manufacturing test system development, minimizing test times
• Demonstrable experience at a Senior Test Software Engineer level in a medium / large scale commercial production organisation using complex integrated test equipment.
• Delivering projects to time, cost and quality deadlines within a matrix development organization.
• Experience interfacing with National Instruments and other standard electrical and optical test equipment interfaces.
• Demonstrable design skills to comply with appropriate safety directives relevant to the programming of test equipment.
• Good I.T. skills i.e. word, excel or equivalent for the production of software manuals and training materials.
• Familiarity with Fibre Optic or Laser based products
• Good relevant degree in Computing, Physics or Electronics.
• Demonstrated perseverance and drive, e.g. in bringing a development project to commercial market success.
• Ability to work across and lead multiple tasks methodically and efficiently and meet committed timescales.
• Happy to work in a very dynamic environment and adaptable to rapid changes in priorities.
• Proactive approach to supporting the needs of development and production originations.
• Hands-on with creative approach to problem solving and the ability to translate engineering requests into working solutions.
• Ability to identify and use reference material to help execute tasks.
• Strong customer focus.
• Ability to understand and influence complex processes.
• Innovative and proactive self-starter.
To apply please send an MS Word version of your CV across to us for our review and consideration.