This is a chance to work for an expanding company and join a new role within the Supply Chain & Procurement Operations Team, responsible for co-ordination of all Purchasing related activities for New Products and Projects as well as support for day-to-day procurement activities. In order to succeed in this position you will have experience of project buying or supplier selection and management for complex and diverse engineered components and services.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
• Relevant degree qualification, e.g. mechanical engineering or material science.
• At least 5 years’ procurement.
• Experienced in methods used in MRP systems.
• Workflow approach for the flow of materials through the supply chain.
• Experience within high volume manufacturing or an automotive supplier.
• Track record in managing procurement projects either via NPI projects or on VAVE programmes.
• Experience with Sub-Contract Management manufacture.
• Effective interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Presentation skills.
• Ability to meet strict financial and timing targets for new project launches and cost down projects.
• Negotiation skills.
• Flexibility is key in a fast-paced growth company.
• Pension scheme
• 25 days holiday per annum
• Life assurance x4
• Employee Save and Share Scheme
• Health Cash Plan
• Cycle to Work
• Season Ticket Loans
• A days annual leave for your birthday