Senior Design Engineer - Body
|Job Title:||Senior Design Engineer - Body|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Feist|
|Job Published:||March 21, 2018 15:16|
Gerrell & Hard Ltd are proud to be working in partnership with a client who encourages employees to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. They are creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. We are looking for individuals who wish to invent, design and develop leading products for the global market.
To lead the technical design with an all new body architecture for a future generation EV, managing signing off engineering releases within agreed time frames, managing a team, and working with cross functional teams to ensure feasibility, cost, weight and quality targets are met.
• Work as part of a department responsible for delivering a BIW / body in white structure.
• Responsible for managing a team of design engineers
• Optimise and validate designs with simulation and correlation tests
• Geometry responsible and cable of delivering CAD data for the appropriate program milestone
• Deliver specifications for function, cost, weight and investment.
• Write and deliver FMA, DVPs, standards, guidelines and test methodology.
• Generate proposals, design ratification and reports.
• Create system and component level validation test methods.
• Ensure compliance to global regulations and standards.
• Ability to work with suppliers and third parties from manufacturing feasibility to production.
• Hire and develop staff to full capability (including self).
The Ideal Candidate Will
• Have previous automotive body design experience
• The ability to lead a team, mange resources and deliver on time.
• Have proven experience of delivering and validating automotive assemblies.
• Extensive knowledge of body materials and technology including joining and process.
• Experience of Tce and preferably Simens NX
• Ability to work among talented and progressive colleagues as part of a driven and dedicated organisation.
• Possess a hands on approach and a can-do attitude
• Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills
• Self starter - ability to work independently as well as following broad direction and steering the team accordingly.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
CAD Engineer - Body Structures
Mechanical Design Engineer
£40,000 - £50,000
Senior Engineer - Chassis Current Engineering
Contract or Perm roles avaialble
Senior Engineer - Vehicle Dynamics (3rd Party Projects)
Circa 40 - 50k plus bens
Principal Powertrain Engineer
£55,000 - £70,000