Senior/Lead Product Development Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior/Lead Product Development Engineer|
|Salary:||£Competitive Package Available|
|Contact Name:||David Watts|
|Job Published:||September 19, 2018 15:02|
This opportunity would appeal to Development Engineers who like exposure to a variety of tasks within an R&D setting and would suit a generalist rather than a specialist.
Working in a tight knit team, you’ll be working closely with R&D engineers by helping them take new product concepts and turning them into world class products. Being able to liaise with a whole host of engineers, both internally & externally is key to this success of this position.
Development Engineers who have worked across a variety of engineering technologies such as electronics, mechanical, acoustics and test would do well in this position. Being able to run and coordinate a number of projects simultaneously is par for the course.
This position would also suit an engineer with practical skills so if you are the type of person who enjoys fabricating and making things this will appeal to you.
We are looking for a Lead Engineer who can demonstrate an open minded approach, a flexible & adaptable attitude to the work – someone who is willing to learn and give things a go. The type of engineer who will happily research and investigate further if they don’t know and look for ways to solve problems.
This position is all about taking a prototype and developing it into a real product, ironing out the engineering problems along the way. This could be mechanical, electronic or acoustic related and as a consequence you will be performing many tests to get it right. This product is all about producing the very best in quality – second rate just won’t do.
To apply for this position you’ll need a background in:
• A technical Degree would be ideal, but relevant experience will be considered
• Must have taken 3 or 4 new products through the development lifecycle
• Acoustic or Audio technology would be ideal, consumer electronics would be a good second
• A test engineering approach
• Experience of working with electronic, mechanical and software components
• Hands on practical engineering skills
• Superb communication skills – both written and verbal
• A systems outlook
• Exposure to a variety of manufacturing processes and methodologies
• A passion for music/audio/sound
• Able to travel to China and the US (2-4 times a year on average)
• 25 Days + Bank Holidays
• Pension (5% employee, 5% employer)
• Life assurance
• Discounted products
• Share option scheme
• Childcare vouchers
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's