Senior/Lead Mechanical Design & Development Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior/Lead Mechanical Design & Development Engineer|
|Salary:||Up to £55k + Bonus + Benefits|
|Start Date:||August 2020|
|Contact Name:||David Watts|
|Job Published:||July 20, 2020 13:50|
This is a chance to be a part of the Advanced Propulsion Centre funding programme as recently announced by the UK government, and help develop a cutting edge green technology aimed at reducing CO2 emissions.
As part of a new product development team, we are looking to hire an experienced, high performing Lead Mechanical Design & Development Engineer . You’ll lead key design aspects of our clients NPI projects intending to deliver cutting edge technology for a range of applications including the powertrain of the future, a hydrogen fuel cell.
The role will involve working as a technical authority within the Mechanical Engineering team to provide direction, feedback and approval of designs, as well as line management and mentoring to junior team members. The role will be an important interface between engineering, other functions throughout the business and external project partners.
We’re looking for:
• Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject, 2:1 minimum.
• Chartered Engineer through membership of a recognised institution.
• Post-graduate qualification preferred (MSc, MBA, PhD etc.)
• Strong background in a mechanical engineering and CAD with a focus on stress & thermal analysis and/or high-speed rotating machines and/or electrical packaging.
• Experience with Solidworks and Ansys is the ideal
• Experience in legal and regulatory compliance (e.g CE marking)
• Staff line management experience.
• Demonstrated multiple successful NPI project lifecycles.
• Project management and multi-project environments.
• Experience with DFMA and Lean.
• Experience of small company environments.
• Used to operating at senior manager level with direct engineering responsibility.
This position would suit a senior, lead or principal mechanical engineer who has a good appreciation of integrating electrical technology into mechanical systems – a total system approach is ideal.
This position is being offered as a 3 Year Fixed Term Contract
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's