Senior / Lead Chassis Engineer- Structures
Our automotive OEM in Norfolk are seeking a Senior or Lead Engineer within chassis - Structures / Subframes on a permanent basis. They are looking for someone with aluminium tub, sub-frames experience to help lead projects from concept to production within the chassis team.
To support the team leader to deliver technical solutions to project teams within the defined cost, quality and time targets. The primary technical responsibility will cover the vehicle Chassis Structure system parts. Individuals at this level would be expected to accept design ownership of individual systems / parts and operate with an agreed level of autonomy and accountability consistent with their experience.
1. Design support of vehicle subsystems or components within a project:
a. Support for Bill of Materials
b. Concept and detailed engineering design utilising internal departments and suppliers as appropriate.
c. Creation of CAD models, component drawings, assembly drawings, exploded views, installation drawings and data packs including FMEA’s and DVP’s to support project requirements in accordance with the project quality acceptance standards.
d. Support to ‘fit and function’ evaluation of subsystem components.
e. Support to performance testing of subsystem components.
f. Collation of test results and concern reports.
g. Support to assembly line and build concern resolution.
2. Support to the department:
a. Support to the generation of planning and proposal information if required.
b. Support to the department in achieving the requirements of quality systems approval both internal and external.
Qualifications and Experience (Essential & Desirable criteria)
• HNC or equivalent in mechanical Engineering / automotive Engineering.
• Expert user of CATIA V5 + data management system (TeamCenter or similar)
• Has technical knowledge covering the specification and delivery of Chassis Structure system related parts
• Has experience which spans the design process from concept through to production launch.
• Has related experience from a role in an Automotive OEM
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review and consideration.