This is a chance to be a part of the Advanced Propulsion Centre funding programme as recently announced by the UK government, and help develop a cutting edge green technology aimed at reducing CO2 emissions.
You’ll lead key design aspects of our clients NPI projects intending to deliver cutting edge technology for a range of applications including the powertrain of the future, a hydrogen fuel cell.
As part of a new development team, you’ll be working as the Lead simulation authority within the overall Mechanical Engineering team, you’ll provide design feedback, direction and approval.
We’re looking for:
• BEng / MEng 2:1 minimum in mechanical, automotive, aerospace or power engineering from a leading university. Postgraduate qualification desirable.
• Strong background in a mechanical engineering and CAD with a focus on stress, thermal and fluid analysis.
• 5+ years’ experience using ANSYS (essential) and Solidworks (desired)
• Used to operating with direct design responsibility.
• Experience of managing and prioritising own tasks and working in multi-project environments.
• Experience of small company environments.
This position would suit a senior, lead or principal mechanical engineer who has a good appreciation of integrating electrical technology into mechanical systems – a total system approach is ideal.
This position is being offered as a 3 Year Fixed Term Contract