Great opportunity to join a small but growing company developing a new flagship product. Working within the advanced engineering function and reporting directly to the Principal Mechanical Engineer, you’ll be responsible for delivering the design simulation aspects for new development projects.
Working as the simulation authority within the overall Mechanical Engineering team & providing design feedback, direction and approval.
This will include activities such as leading New Product design optimisation though simulation of components, assemblies and systems, including analysis of stress, heat transfer, fluid flow, bolted joints and high-speed rotating components.
KEY BACKGROUND, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• BEng / MEng 2:1 minimum in mechanical, automotive, aerospace or power engineering from a leading university. Postgraduate qualification desirable.
• Strong background in a mechanical engineering and CAD with a focus on FEA, stress, thermal and fluid analysis (essential), and high-speed rotating machines (desired).
• Experienced with hand/spreadsheet calculations (stress/thermal)
• Experience using ANSYS (essential) and Solidworks (desired)
• Used to operating with direct design responsibility.
• Experience of managing and prioritising own tasks and working in multi-project environments.
This position would suit a mechanical engineer who has excellent communication skills, a strong influencer and a high degree of emotional intelligence. We are looking for strong analytical ability and a clear thinker.
• Pension Scheme
• Company bonus
• Life Assurance
• Health Insurance
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Childcare Vouchers
• 25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
• Employee Assistance Program
• Free parking on site
• 4.5 day week, including a modern flexible approach to working