about 1 month ago
Salary / Rate:
Senior Ride Simulation Engineer
Gerrell & Hard Ltd are proud to be working in partnership with a client who encourages employees to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. They are creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic.
Responsibility for objective Ride simulation to develop and tune vehicle performance to achieve attribute targets, working within the vehicle dynamics team on a new passenger vehicle platform.
You will be carrying out full vehicle simulation to support the Vehicle Dynamics attribute to meet its Ride targets through the lifecycle of the vehicle/platform. You will be responsible for generating in house vehicle and competitor models, objective simulation and tuning studies. As part of the Ride activity you will take responsibility for developing the objective Ride simulation environment.
You will also be responsible for integrating and updating the vehicle models with up to date sub-system models generated in house and by suppliers. As well as correlation activities between measured objective results and CAE.
Working closely with the rest of the CAE team, Axle & Full Vehicle Steering & Handling as well as the Vehicle Dynamics subjective development engineers to ensure balanced vehicle behaviour and achievement of all vehicle Dynamic targets. This role will also require working closely with the NVH team
Day to day duties:
• Build & maintain up to date and correlated vehicle and sub-system Ride models
• Complete Ride simulations according to Test Standards
• Develop and improve Ride Simulation Process
• Work with integrated Active systems (control Logic & Models)
• Presentation of results and analysis
• Extensive knowledge of vehicle Ride performance
• Proven knowledge of Ride CAE as part of vehicle development cycle
• Knowledge and prior experience of Ride simulation with integrated Active Systems
• Knowledge of a Ride CAE Tool, MSC Adams would be advantageous
• Proficient in use of using Matlab & Matlab-Simulink
• Automotive OEM experience/background
• Proven experience of CAE correlation and validation and error-state resolution
• Experience of taking a program through virtual tuning to prototype build and into production
• Knowledge of ride CAE best practices, test procedure generation and attribute DNAs will be beneficial
• A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org