Our client are a world class high performance Engineering consultancy and we are currently assisting them in the search for a Quality Inspector / Engineer.
This role will see the successful applicant ensure all parts passing through the QC department conform to the specified quality standards, by following the documented processes and procedures. We are looking for someone who is trade qualified (BTEC National Certificate/ONC level/C&G Level 3 may be included), who can demonstrate experience of using manual inspection tools and CMM. It would also be beneficial to be familiar with First off Inspection / First Article Inspection activity and reporting.
• To be responsible for verifying parts passing through the department to business specifications using relevant equipment (hand tools, CMM, laser scanner etc.)
• To manage parts failing the inspection process, following the Non-Conformance report procedure, playing an active role in expediting the resolution of any issues noted.
• To play an active part of the companies TQM processes, working as part of a small team to develop and deliver positive changes both internally and with our external partners.
• To maintain a record of all inspection equipment within the company and ensure that the calibration policy is followed
• Specialised knowledge of a function, trade or craft acquired through advanced formal training. BTEC National Certificate/ONC level/C&G Level 3 may be included
• Experience of using manual inspection tools and CMM / Shadowgraph / laser scanner as well as their calibration and associated record keeping
• Familiarity with First off inspection/First Article Inspection activities and reporting
• A good awareness of sheet metal fabrication and machined parts
• Demonstrable abilities with record keeping, process management / development and leading interactions both with internal colleagues and external suppliers.
• Knowledge of Carbon Composite manufacture / inspection
• Familiarity with Continuous improvement techniques
• Familiarity of KPI’s and their use within the Quality function
• A knowledge of ERP systems and the ability to interact with them as part of their daily activities
• Prior experience of training and developing others
• A Knowledge of PPAP process requirements