Senior Project Manager
Circa £50,000 + bens
Our high technology client in Rugby is seeking an experienced senior project manager whom specifically has experience of project managing NPI Engineering projects. These will be high tech component level, optical products whereby one part fits into another part and therefore, would suit someone from an optoelectronics / physics / lasers background. It is imperative you come from a technical engineering project management background.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Management of NPI projects involving high-power fibre-optic components
• Generate and track plans to cover the complete range of activities required to introduce a new component: from concept demonstrators through to Production transfer
• Work closely with the R&D team to deliver fully-qualified components, on-time and within budget
• Provide regular progress updates to internal customers and senior management
• Manage the interaction with Production to enable a smooth transfer of technology and processes
The candidate needs to demonstrate the development of laser / optical devices or systems OR the project management of NPI projects involving technology. In both cases, the experience should have been gained in an industrial environment
For the former case, the development experience should be combined with a good understanding of the principles of physics related to laser / optical component design, development and application.
In both cases the successful candidate will have five or more years of experience in a product development environment, ideally in either the high-power laser field or in an optics area within a related industry, for example aerospace, industrial laser systems or telecomms, and will possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of competitive technologies, performance-critical requirements, and reliability.
Candidates should also be able to demonstrate:
• Management of NPI projects
• Experience of component or system development and verification / validation
• Ideally practical experience of high power lasers and/or optical fibres/ fibre-optical components
• A STEM degree would be preferable but not essential
• Ability to work across multiple tasks methodically and efficiently and meet committed timescales
• Able to deliver technical updates of status on agreed work-schedules
• Comfortable with working in a dynamic environment and adaptable to changes in priorities
• Ability to integrate into multidisciplinary and cross-functional teams
• Strong customer focus and ability to visit supplier and / or customer sites as required
• Self-starter with good interpersonal skills and a strong execution-oriented approach
• Must be diligent, focused and thorough, taking personal pride in their work and achievements
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review.