A new opportunity has arisen with an innovative high-performance business for a Project Engineer to join the business located at their facility in Norwich.
Our client specialises in delivering the most complete and competitive seating packages in the aerospace industry.
As the Project Engineer you will take responsibility for leading new seat product application projects through to serial production. The role is highly cross-functional and will involve leading and managing all phases of new product introduction (NPI) from concept to launch.
You must hold 5 years + experience as a Project Engineer within a product development and manufacturing environment that is looking to make the transition into a Project management leadership role.
You would be joining the team in a phase of significant growth and will have a flexible, proactive and energetic approach in line with such an environment.
- Full project management accountability for medium-high risk / complexity serial production projects, according to new product introduction new product introduction (NPI) process.
- Typical activities: generation and maintenance of cross-functional project plans, organization and documentation of project meetings, risk management, creation / analysis / reporting of project metrics, coordination with Finance department to maintain project cost control
- Execution of NPI process e.g. organization of programme milestone and design review events, preparation of deliverables/checklists; in conjunction with functional heads, managing the product development team to a successful conclusion of programme gateways
- Line management of project coordinators / junior project managers with the Programmes group
- Provide support in the generation of sales proposals and bids through to successful conclusion
- Lead selected continuous improvement activities, e.g coordination of VA/VE, quality reviews, etc
- Take project management responsibility for minor product change actions, proposal generation activities and feature/product development initiatives
- Support Programme Manager in the leadership and execution of various Certification body (e.g.
EASA) and OEM (e.g. Airbus) approval programmes which may be undertaken.
- Must have parts manufacturing experience
- Relevant engineering or business qualification at degree level
- Experience of project managing Engineering and Quality processes within an NPI environment
- Good understanding of, and experience with, project planning software (e.g. MS Project)
To apply for this position you must be eligible to work in the UK. This position may require occasional travel and therefore the individual must hold a current passport and be willing to undertake short and long haul travel on an as required basis.