Senior Project Engineer - Exterior Lighting
Our automotive client is an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in.
Due to aggressive growth plans they are currently looking to recruit a Senior Project Engineer - Exterior Lighting.
In order to succeed you will need to possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills as the ability to build effective working relationships across multiple disciplines is paramount.
Attitude is everything, we are always pushing boundaries and in order to achieve the unimaginable you must have a can-do approach and an open mind to endless possibilities.
Key Objectives & Responsibilities:
The Project Engineer will be responsible for playing a key role in the development of front, rear and supplementary lighting systems on current and future vehicle programs.
This will include:
• Project management of exterior lighting systems to meet required project milestones from
concept engineering to launch
• Ensuring program targets are met for responsible systems for cost, mass, quality, timing and other attributes
• Collaboration with the design studio to drive feasible and cost-effective solutions whilst also pushing the boundaries on styling and technology
• Ownership of the technical specifications, DFMEAs, DVPs and other key technical documents as part of the new vehicle development process
• Supplier management
You’ll have a minimum of 5 years relevant automotive lighting experience and:
• Extensive knowledge of global lighting regulations and requirements
• Proven track record of delivering light systems
• An understanding and passion for future and current lighting technologies
• Understanding and experience in New Product Development life cycle
• Ability to work flexibly within the wider exteriors team
• Experience in CAD (Catia V5) and Teamcenter would be beneficial but not essential
If you believe you have what it takes to work at the heart of automotive innovation, then we look
forward to reviewing your application