Senior Programme Manager
£competative + benefits
Undertake project management of a stand-alone large-sized project or a significant element of a main vehicle engineering and development program. Responsible for ensuring all projects are delivered using a ‘best-practice’ project delivery approach and are delivered within the agreed scope, time, cost and quality. General project management responsibility for the planning of the project activities, management of the manpower & facilities resources and achievement of deliverables to quality, timing and cost. Key account management and senior client interface requirements for 3rd party projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and deliver major project plans for new proposals and existing projects through liaison with functional department leaders and other divisions or 3rd party suppliers.
- Manpower, materials and facilities planning, ensure resources are available to support project activities, liaise with functional areas, other divisions and suppliers to ensure alternatives are provided if necessary.
- Manage milestone and gateway activities and report to senior management and/or customer on program maturity.
- Ensure risks, issues and dependencies are being recorded, monitored and proactively managed to minimise disruption to successful delivery
- Manage project timing within overall program plans; track progress \ changes and develop recovery plans when necessary.
- anage customer meetings and workshops and prepare high quality update documentation for both internal and external use.
- Control project spend within allocated budget using forecasting tools and report on profitability, liquidity and IRR.
- Ensure quality of deliverables from functional departments, manage achievement of project deliverables at program milestones, and facilitate customer sign-off at gateway stages.
- Collate and deliver monthly management status reports.
- Maintain project file directory database, ensure configuration control for project documents and reports.
- Devise, produce and implement new systems and processes to optimise more effective project management as required and within the framework of the organisation’s project delivery approach
- Supports all company and department activities associated with meeting the goal in the Presidents Message
- Adopts and practices Kaizen principles and concepts, participates in continuous improvement and GEAR activities.
- Follows all general procedures as indicated in the General Procedures section of the Level 3 Procedures Manual.
- Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management systems (e.g. TS 16949, ISO 90012014).
- Maintains working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum HNC\HND or third level qualifications.
- Preference will be given to candidates with Degree level in Mechanical \ Automotive Engineering
- At least 10 year’s experience of working within automotive design and development programs
- At least 5 years experience in program management.
- Knowledge and experience of automotive product development process and activities
- Good communication and professional presentation skills for customer and supplier interfacing
- Leadership, man management and conflict resolution skills
- Capable of organising and managing priorities, utilise problem solving techniques
- Commercial analysis and budgeting skills, experience of working to customer contract terms
- Computer literate, with advanced M\S Word, Powerpoint & Excel skills/abilities, M\S Project expertise preferred