- Expert understanding of product development and approval processes / project management toolsets
- Excellent working understanding of waterfall / gateway hardware development methodologies
- At least a basic working understanding of Agile software development methodologies
- Familiarity with typical management toolsets, e.g. JIRA, Confluence
- Significant experience of developing high end, premium products
- Solid understanding of product specification and performance standards for connected products
- Significant knowledge of and interest in the high-performance audio market
- Some experience of using product strategy toolsets to define product and portfolio strategy
Senior Product Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Product Manager|
|Salary:||£Competitive Package Available|
|Contact Name:||David Watts|
|Job Published:||November 17, 2018 10:07|
This is a rare opportunity for a Senior Product Manager to join a leading brand and help create high end consumer audio products.
Reporting to the Director of Product Strategy you’ll be responsible for defining the product brief, cascading it to the relevant development teams and ensuring it hits the mark and to do this you’ll be working closely with a wide range of specialists, up to board level.
R&D Engineers are based in the UK and California so regular trips to the west coast will be part of your remit. Other partners are based in Asia so at other times you’ll be heading east. Expect to be travelling quite a bit.
This is a super busy position and products are usually launched within 12 months. The key traits of successful Product Managers are self-confidence, decision making, open communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to multitask.
This opportunity would suit a Product Manager who has developed several products in the premium technology space. We are looking for drive and ownership of product strategy as well as team leadership attributes. A technical background and understanding of products that combine electronics, software and mechanical engineering is the ideal, and delivering a product for the consumer electronics market would definitely enhance your application!
The company has a fairly flat structure and collaboration is at the core of their beliefs. If you like working on your own and to rigid processes then this probably isn’t for you. This is a dynamic, fast moving and demanding environment - yet incredibly rewarding at the same time.
Engineering or science undergraduate degrees are preferred as are post-graduate business qualifications.
Key technical skills:
This position would suit Product Managers who have a passion for high end consumer technology and are interested in working with technically challenging applications.
25 Days + Bank Holidays
Pension (5% employee, 5% employer)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's