29 days ago
Salary / Rate:
Competitive + benefits
Our Automotive & Motorsport client are actively seeking a Senior Powertrain Design Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
It’s a great time to join this company with many exciting projects spanning continuation vehicles, race and automotive projects.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Take Ownership of powertrain system / work packages within projects developing and delivering mechanical designs on and off vehicle (motorsport and automotive), considering DFM assembly and testing requirements.
• Develop designs in CAD of components and assemblies.
• To manage engineering BoM of responsible systems and parts for tracking cost, mass, lead times.
• To generate component and assembly drawings to a high standard with GD&T considering manufacturing and inspection methods.
• To Liaise with purchasing and operations departments ensure parts are manufactured to specification and delivered meeting MRD.
• Support projects in requirement definition. From high level project requirements cascaded to system level requirments driving design specifications.
• Liaise with powertrain electrical and simulation engineers to develop and iterate to an optimised design, ensuring functional requirments are met within project deadlines.
• Liaise with vehicle electrical & chassis engineering teams to ensure optimised design at vehicle level is achieved.
• Carry out hand calculations for design integrity (i.e. hand stress calculations, tol stack, clearance checks).
• Upper Degree Level in Mechanical / automotive engineering or a relevant topic
• >3 years proven experience as a Mechanical engineer in automotive, motorsport or aerospace applications as part of an OEM, Tier 1, or consultancy.
• Experience with Powertrain system design and integration, experience of HV systems would be advantageous.
• Able to conduct hand calculations to support design
• Proficient in use of a high level CAD package (Catia / NX)
• Ability to produce engineering drawings to a high standard
• Competent in understanding and applying GD&T
• Ability to conduct Linear Structural & Modal FEA Analysis on components
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes (CNC, Additive manufacturing, Injection moulding, casting, etc.).