Our Motorcycle client located in Leicester is recuiting a new role for a Senior Powertrain Design Engineer on a permaent basis.
The Design department is made up of various different project teams who shape, design and develop the iconic motorcycles. As part of the motorcycle design they are committed to developing powertrain technologies to satisfy the performance desires of their customers whilst meeting the environmental regulations of tomorrow.
Engineers will play a huge part in the design of the motorcycle components to meet ambitious future targets.
As the Senior Design Engineer, you will be involved in the full life-cycle of design, development and project engineering of Powertrain programs from concept to delivery working in a fast paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To produce schemes of motorcycle assemblies on 3D CAD.
- To produce fully detailed drawings on 3D CAD to BS 8888.
- To produce completed designs
- To release components through the design change system.
- To produce and update engineers lists.
- To produce specifications/planning drawings for suppliers.
- To have the capability to use computer programs and advanced analysis (e.g. FEA) ifrequired.
- To provide engineering guidance to any CAD Designer who may be allocated to help with theirwork.
Engineering and Task Management:
- Deputise for the Design Team Leader or Senior Project Engineer in his/her absence.
- Take full responsibility for major areas of a project from initial scheming through to production.
- Take responsibility for the concept stage of a new model project.
- Take responsibility for the final stages of a new model project.
- Demonstrate the level of authority required to represent the Design and Development department when in discussion with suppliers, consultants, sub-contractors or other departments.
- Ensure Engineering knowledge is communicated throughout the Design and Development department by attending, contributing to and chairing working groups.
- Represent the Design team in project and design change meetings as required, including signing design change notes.
- Understand the consequences of and be prepared to make decisions.
Project and Personnel Management:
- Provide technical assistance.
- Assess and approve decision sheets, tolerance stacks, clearance sheets, engineers lists, DC notes, scheme drawings and prototype drawings when agreed with the Design Team Leader.
- Provide expertise and support in design reviews and DA meetings.
- Manage the workload of team members when agreed with the Design Team Leader.
- Ensure departmental procedures are followed and updated.
- Assist in the recruitment of new team members.
You must be eligible to work in the UK with no restrictions to apply for this role