Senior Power Electronics Engineer - Next Generation EV Tech Research
|Job Title:||Senior Power Electronics Engineer - Next Generation EV Tech Research|
|Salary:||£competitive (dependent on proven ability) + bonus + bens|
|Contact Name:||Paul Frisby|
|Job Published:||June 17, 2019 12:42|
Global tech innovator is offering an exciting opportunity to work on the research of ‘Next Generation EV technology & applications’. We are seeking a proven Senior Power Electronics Engineer for the Tech Research division.
Skills and experience –
Degree or equivalent experience in electronic engineering or comparable discipline along with demonstrable industrial experience.
Experience in the design and development of motor drives / inverters / SMPS / power electronics products.
• Understanding of device characteristics specifically IGBTs, MOSFETs and emerging technologies in in real-world applications.
• Ability to thrive within a multidisciplinary team.
• Communicate complex ideas to a range of experts in different fields.
• Circuit simulation and analysis expertise (e.g. SiMetrix, SPICE or Matlab)
• Experience with PCB/schematic tools.
• Design for EMC/EMI
• Knowledge and experience of managing thermal issues
Role and responsibilities
• Ensure the safety and reliability of products
• Create and implement world leading designs to produce high quality products.
• Take technical responsibility for the power electronic content of a project
• Deliver the production intent solution and documentation.
• Design of both mains and battery powered electronics to meet global product requirements and standards.
• Communicate between all relevant teams to ensure effective project delivery.
• Develop and train others either within their own or the wider team.
• Opportunity for line management responsibilities
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's