This position would appeal to Power Electronic Engineers who are interested in working for an expanding automotive engineering company involved in electric vehicle solutions. If you enjoy working within a multicultural and multi-skilled team of engineers then you will thrive in this environment.
With the focus on new product development, you’ll be involved in everything from concept generation, feasibility studies, test, development, validation & prototyping.
Power electronics currently in use are:
• PSU / SMPS design (e.g. 12V, 24V flyback)
• Inverter design (e.g. LV but typically 10kW to 100kW)
If you are interested in applying, then you will need:
• A Technical Degree – ideally electronics related
• Project experience involving SMPS, PSU or inverter design and development
• Schematic design capture and simulation and circuit design (Use of tools such as Mentor Graphics DX Designer and PADS or similar)
• Able to write technical specifications and reports
• Able to support hands-on prototype development, test and validation in the lab
• Passionate about automotive electronics & the future of electric vehicle systems
• Motor drive inverter design
• Sub 50W isolating multi-rail PSU/SMPS design experience
• Experienced in design of feedback and driver circuits design within an inverter, familiarity of inverters for EV, HEV applications.
• Knowledge of automotive and LV standards would be useful
• Experience of power electronic design gained in other industries are welcomed
• Discretionary bonus - up to15%
• 37.5 hour week with core hours from 10:00-16:00 Monday to Friday
• Life assurance at 4x salary
• Pension - Up to 7%
• Private healthcare
• Employee share options scheme