This is a chance to join an expanding technology driven company who are making a real impact within the manufacturing Industry. You will work closely with all departments to ensure that the plant is running efficiently & be working on motion control equipment, drives, safety systems, monitoring systems, both PLC and video based, databases and all other aspects of control in a factory automation environment.
There will also be project work designing and developing the user interfaces of equipment using HMIs and robot controllers. All aspects of the role will include the need to develop, update and maintain electrical and control drawings, with supporting documents, within the Document Management System.
The requirements for the role are:
• Experience in analysing control processes, able to define the requirements and writing design specifications from scratch for software development (software design specs, functional design specs, test plans) – this requirement is critical as it will be a major part of the activities for this role
• Proficiency in motion control and PLC programming preferably Siemens (Simotion, S7)
• Knowledge of structured text, sequential function charts and ladder logic
• Knowledge of servo drives and robotics in a manufacturing context
• Experience with control networks particularly Profinet including addressing (MAC, IP, Subnet mask and sub-netting) and network infrastructure (switches, hubs, routers, gateways and firewalls).
• Experience in testing and commissioning
This position would suit a PLC Controls Engineer who has good presentation skills, the ability to work alone as well as part of a small team and have a willingness to learn new technologies to assist in developing the companies manufacturing equipment.
• Bonus – up to 10%
• Company Pension Scheme
• Private Health Insurance for family
• 25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
• Free parking