Global tech business is seeking a proven Senior Mechanical Engineer. You will be a proven senior engineer and with excellent all-round experience of Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Design and Thermal engineering and analysis. Ideally we are seeking someone with experience of first principal design through to production.
This is a unique opportunity for a talented and experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join a Research Division. You will report to the Mechanical Research Manager; you will join a growing team of multi-disciplined engineers focusing on the next generation of advanced / high performance electric motors for new and existing categories demonstrating new core technology and a complete system design approach.
- Deliver robust battery pack design solutions that fulfil the fundamental design requirements, achieving world class levels of power density (Prior battery design experience is not essential).
- Meet target specifications such as cost, size, weight and efficiency within the planned timeline
- Understand and comply with all relevant International Standards.
- Develop innovative & novel concepts with high value IP.
- Be responsible for delivering parts, assemblies and systems from concept to proof of principle (Technology Readiness Level 7).
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of systems engineering principles to define, optimise and validate product performance.
- Have the ability to understand the overall product concept and contribute significantly to influence its design through knowledge of the latest technologies & methods.
- Be a source of mechanical engineering expertise to advise on design, development, material, manufacturing, validation and test issues.
Ideal proven technical experience and knowledge:
- Good knowledge of 3D computer aided design (CAD) software packages,
- Strong knowledge of analytical techniques, including Finite Element Analysis (ideally Ansys, Altair HyperWorks)
- Extensive understanding of structural design principles, integrity assessment and design for dynamic loading and shock.
- Demonstrable knowledge of a range of life prediction techniques, both for fatigue and fracture, covering low and high cycle regimes.
- Sound level of thermal systems design knowledge
- Understanding of statistics and robust design techniques
- Good understanding of materials science.
- An appreciation of other engineering disciplines such aerodynamics, thermodynamics, CFD analysis and electrical, electronics and electromagnetic systems
- Ability to apply systems engineering principles to translate fundamental business / system requirements into system design definition and sub-system / component requirements.
- Understanding of technical risk management processes including Functional / Design FMEA
- Sound knowledge of manufacturing techniques plus experience in definition of manual and automated assembly processes
- Appreciation of relevant national, European and Worldwide regulations and legislation
- Sound knowledge of GD&T