Our Global Automotive Tier 1 client are focused on developing world-class solutions for customers and suppliers specifically in electrification of compressors and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and electric driven compressors (EDC) systems.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Design & Development Engineer with experience in the design of Automotive HVAC components & systems. You will design and develop automotive HVAC components and systems, project management skills would definitely be beneficial in this role as you will support new product launch, life cycle management and the continuous improvement of current product competitiveness.
• Complete development activities to achieve Quality, Cost and Delivery targets for new launch products.
• Generate, progress and implement product improvement projects e.g. technical cost reduction.
• Investigate and report the European region development technologies and trends.
• Promotion of business technology and products.
• Manage a team of up to four Engineers.
• Analyse data and produce management reports.
• Carry out benchmarking activities.
• Network effectively across functions and within the region.
Education / experience;
• Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the design or testing of automotive HVAC components / systems
• An understanding of Automotive Standards including performance requirements
• Production of design data including the use of NX or CATIA CAD system (Solids, Surfacing & Drafting)
• Release of design data using the design release process and standards
• Application of engineering tools and techniques e.g. design FMEA, FTA, etc.
• People management.