This is a great opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer who is interested in working for an expanding automotive engineering company involved in electric vehicle solutions. If you enjoy working within a multicultural and multi-skilled team of engineers then you will thrive in this environment.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineers primary duty is the design, development and delivery of electro mechanical systems for the in-wheel motor. Additional duties include the design, development and delivery of prototype parts. As part of the Mechanical Design team, the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will collaborate cross-functionally with the Engineering, Operations and Sourcing teams, to ensure delivery of Company Goals & Targets. You will support and guide the more junior design engineers.
The work will focus on the design and analysis of precision electromechanical components, high speed rotating devices, enclosures, plastic parts and electronic packaging.
Appreciation for the demands of the automotive industry would be preferable but this shouldn’t deter you from making an application if you think your experience is suited to products that involve electronics packaging.
To apply for this position you should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Thorough understanding and experience of hand calculations and FEA
• Sound knowledge of physics and mechanical engineering theory
• Experience using SolidWorks and SolidWorks Simulation
• Degree (BEng) in relevant engineering field
• Application of product design process
• Knowledge of codes of conduct and ethical working
• Experience of using technologies such as injection moulding, fretwork, PCB and flexible
• Relevant experience in electro-mechanical product engineering business
• Experience of component testing and design of tests
• Experience in heat management, casting and machining techniques
• Experience preparing and holding design reviews
• Sound knowledge in application of GD&T
• Masters’ degree in relevant engineering field
• Knowledge and application of CFD analyses
• Chartered status with a recognised engineering body
• OEM/Tier 1 experience with vehicle systems/assemblies
• Experience working with high power electric and hybrid powertrains
• Experience of automotive traction batteries and motors
• Design experience based on ISO26262
• Design experience based on ASPICE ME
• Discretionary bonus - up to15%
• 37.5 hour week with core hours from 10:00-16:00 Monday to Friday
• Life assurance at 4x salary
• Pension - Up to 7%
• Private healthcare
• Employee share options scheme
The role is based in Farnham, Surrey with occasional requirement for national and international travel