My automotive client based in the Midlands is looking to recruit a BIW Senior Manufacturing Engineer for a 6 month rolling contract. This is a key role whereby you will be there to support in the Chief Engineers absence and therefore, would suit someone with a strong body manufacturing background.
• Reports to the Chief Engineer, Manufacturing Engineering, Vehicle Assembly.
• To be accountable for all Process and test activity from the warehouse to vehicles off line.
• The scope is within the NPI process to and including production hand over.
• To support any strategic or operational planning requirements.
Candidates should have experience in BIW with a minimum 5 years’ experience across all vehicle systems, however specific bias towards particular vehicle systems would be no disadvantage.
The ideal candidate will have experience of whole vehicle programs, simultaneous engineering working with design engineers at concept stage, able to influence the design activity through design reviews, PMST meetings and interpersonal skills.
Design validation ensuring manufacturing feasibility including tooling access & methodology of fit & finish including locator strategy will be required. The role will also include further detailing an established sequence of build of a new vehicle, integration of its assembly process with other new products on a new shared facility.
Presentation of outputs will require normal desktop PC skills, Excel, Powerpoint, Microsoft project etc. Knowledge of Catia V5 CAD systems and or JT file viewing would also assist but is not essential.
• First point of contact for designers & release engineers (for assigned systems), interface with body structures manufacturing engineering team.
• Attendance at all appropriate design reviews, PMST, Package & release meetings.
• Continuous interrogation & validation of overall sequence of build
• Maintain assembly feasibility
• Give input/assistance to the Dimensional management team (locator strategy etc)
• Give input/assist at digital builds
• Identify tooling & fixture requirements
• Identify facilities requirements
• Assist in costing & investment budgets
• Assist in specifying, sourcing & installation of identified facilities
• Assist in factory layout & process flow development
• Full Production CA/engineering release sign off
• There may be a need for work related travel including China based projects
This role is to work as part of a small manufacturing project team and specifically within the Trim & Final group.
• Manufacturing timing plans and maintenance within the Project HLTP.
• Maintaining and updating the Manufacturing documentation in line with Programme direction.
• Reporting status, issues and issue resolution as required.