I have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join a world leading Engineering business specialising in construction equipment.
This is based within the Manufacturing Advanced Planning team and you will design, develop and enhance our assembly line processes and equipment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly flexible, motivated, skilled and enthusiastic Manufacturing engineering team. The key focus is to provide globally standardised manufacturing / production processes and equipment, designed to enable the introduction of new products and provide best asset utilisation leveraging the capability of our world class production facilities. The client requires expertise in manufacturing technology, assembly process design, quality processes, tool selection and introduction, and will involve the application of sound technical manufacturing/production engineering skills in both project and process-based environments.
The successful candidate will utilise experience and knowledge gained through exposure to a range of functions and activities within a Manufacturing Engineering, Production Engineering or Process environment to play a key role in the continued success of the company, providing analytical and process expertise necessary to design, develop and implement manufacturing processes and systems across global facilities. This could be an exciting step forward for individuals wishing to develop their project leadership skills and their career within Manufacturing Engineering.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provide manufacturing engineering expertise and project delivery across our global processes
• Successfully introduce and implement new / existing products into full production by utilisation of production process best practices including cost effective, robust quality solutions
• Proactively work with our direct Production Operations customers and Product teams to produce global manufacturing engineering standards for our operations team to execute
• Planning and coordinating the procurement, installation and capability of new manufacturing / production equipment, controls and related equipment, ensuring latest technology is being used to increase efficiency and economy of operations ensuring delivered within time and budgetary targets
• Proactively participate in, and contribute to, cross functional teams utilising APQP, PFMEAs, root cause analysis, 8D and other 6 Sigma tools as necessary
• Apply techniques for determining work balance within workstations and adjoining processes using appropriate tools and technologies
Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering or a relevant Technical Engineering discipline (or equivalent experience)
• The candidate must have previous experience as a Manufacturing / Production Engineer developing and implementing process / assembly solutions
• Experience of introducing new products and/or managing significant change with proven and innovative manufacturing techniques within the manufacturing environment
• Experience of implementing Lean manufacturing tools and techniques, utilising problem solving and root cause analysis tools
• Must be able to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the business and build strong working relationships
• Some travel will be required (5-10% of working time)
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Knowledge of Combustion Engine Assembly, Test or Finish processes
• Experience of automated equipment installation and/or programming and controls
• Knowledge of manufacturing systems such as ERP, PLM or manufacturing execution systems
• Experience of 3D modelling or 2D CAD experience