Our F1 client are seeking x2 highly skilled, motivated and experienced Senior Infrastructure Engineers / System Administrators for a 6 month contract.
This role will see the successful applicant work on various projects for the internal infrastructure and a forthcoming systems migration project. The role will mainly be working on infrastructure projects, but some 3rd line support will be required and occasional cover for more junior staff.
There is a strong requirement for high quality documentation and visualisation of solutions when communicating with staff, so you need to be adept at drawing both on a whiteboard and in software. A high standard of communication and motivation is also required in what is a multinational, multicultural and exciting working environment and business travel (inside and outside of UK) as well as out of office hours & weekend working may be required for certain projects.
• Detailed technical planning of incoming infrastructure projects with the IT Manager and PM
• Realistic time estimating on the stages of the project
• Producing technical documentation and diagrams for current and new systems
• Creating a service catalogue
• Administration and configuration of routers, switches and firewalls
• Administration and configuration of VMware v6 hosts and Windows Server guest machines
• Administration and configuration of monitoring and alerting system
• Assisting with the migration of servers and systems from Swindon to Milton Keynes
• 3rd line support
• Technical training for IT staff
• Any other tasks as reasonably required by the Company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• A minimum of 10 years technical experience
• Competent SAN ability – NetApp preferred
• Excellent Networking ability – Cisco and Fortinet preferred
• Backup solutions – NetBackup preferred
• VMware V-sphere
• Windows, Active Directory, SCCM and other MS products
• MDM Experience – Airwatch preferred
• Office 365 Experience
• CAD, CFD or other high-end experience beneficial but not essential