2 months ago
Salary / Rate:
Competitive + benefits
Our Automotive Tier 1 client are currently seeking a Senior Engineer to join their Interior Product Development Team.
The key objective of the role is to lead Interior Product Development activities achieving QCT targets. This role will be mainly office based, but does have a requirement to travel to attend customer sites, plants or supplier sites, to participate in Joint Check and Cross Functional reviews as and when required.
• To work in accordance with company procedures, work and operating instructions; which is to comply with the requirements of TS 16949.
• To lead development activities of Interior Product especially in the area of Moving Mechanism interior parts, Wrapping parts. Experience of Interior Ambient lighting product will be an advantage.
• To use engineering tools and techniques to ensure design quality assurance is achieved,
• To investigate failure modes and causes, suggesting any possible technical countermeasures,
• Be the Interface between R&D with both the internal and external stakeholders,
• To actively pursue and take ownership of tasks to meet the functional objective targets/commitments,
• To be able to create and follow up development activities timing plans,
• Use company software systems/packages to support design release process and customer requirements,
• To carry out Benchmarking for continuous competitiveness improvement,
• Produce reports for Management review,
• Comply with Health, Safety, and Environmental systems requirements.
• Minimum HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent related engineering discipline,
• CAD skills- NX7.5 and above. CATIA V5 experience would be an advantage.
• Demonstrated experience in leading Automotive Interior development projects with sound knowledge of Interior parts manufacturing processes like Injection moulding, in mould film, sheet metal parts.