Interim Senior HR Business Partner
1 Year - Fixed term Contract
£55-75k + Benefits
We’re looking for an experienced HR Business Partner who can:
- Take the lead in managing designated integration activities of a recent acquisition.
- Oversee and be the point of contact and knowledge for the recruitment campaign across the UK sites.
- Provide an HR business partnering service to the designated client groups for a mixed workforce.
- Act as the lead HR person in the HR Directors absence
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Provide frontline delivery of relevant, defined integration activities, including but not limited to:
- Work with the HR Director to create and deliver the integration plans.
- Managing any transitioning employees between businesses.
- Deliver synergy activities between the businesses.
- Ensure any TUPE related impacts are fully respected.
- Attend Integration Management Office (IMO) meetings when the Director is absent.
- Develop and deliver timely and relevant communication plans, drawing on additional resources where appropriate.
- Deliver a full HR Business Partnering Service to the relevant Client groups.
- Line manage the temporary HR Administrator
- Work directly with the Unite Union, holding monthly meetings and building on the existing positive relationships in place.
Professional Qualifications/Education and Training:
- Extended experience of working within a similar environment within an HR capacity
- CIPD qualification (MCIPD) or equivalent
- Experience of working in a complex organisation with a track record of delivering confidently and to agreed time scales to multiple stakeholders
- Up to date knowledge of employment law, including but not limited to TUPE and the implications to the business.
- Robust experience of a multi-site unionised environment, including but not limited to pay and benefits negotiations.
- Matrix style environment that demonstrates multiple stakeholder management.
- Proactive management of the TUPE processes from an acquisition point, with the expertise to lead initiatives where appropriate.
- Experience of complex employee relations case work including dismissals.
- Fully plan, calculate and actively manage scaled workforce reductions and be able to create and deliver to committed timescales and on budget.
- Commercially astute with working knowledge of raising business risks ahead of them becoming an issue and planning relevant mitigating actions.
- Able to appropriately challenge the status quo and put forward proposals for change.
- Previous experience of restructuring, reorganisation and change management.
- Demonstration of strong influencing skills.
- Able to demonstrate effective written, verbal and presentation communication/ interpersonal skills.