Senior Engineer - Vehicle Engineering & Simulation (Aerodynamics)
£45,000 - £55,000
The primary responsibility of this role is to work within the vehicle engineering and simulation team supporting all projects with specific focus towards Aerodynamics performance and simulation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- To conduct preliminary and/or detailed aerodynamic performance analysis using classical, numerical, 1D and computational fluid dynamics (CFD) approaches
- To provide simulation led input to vehicle design teams from an early stage in the design process and throughout vehicle development to ensure aerodynamic performance targets are met.
- To undertake testing activities both in the wind tunnel and on development and production vehicles and to establish test correlation with respect to simulation as appropriate.
- To support the development, implementation and continued improvement of appropriate standard processes for airflow management addressing external aerodynamics performance, aero-acoustic assessment, Thermal management and internal airflow systems (HVAC)
- To work in conjunction with vehicle dynamic functions to ensure best full whole vehicle performance is achieved.
- To support vehicle project teams in the definition of design development and verification plans from an airflow management perspective
- To be a champion for the aerodynamics attribute with the business
- To be an integral member of the vehicle engineering team undertaking additional tasks associated with overall vehicle performance simulation as directed by the Chief Engineer
- To ensure compliance with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policy requirements within areas of responsibility.
- To undertake other necessary reasonable duties and appropriate tasks as requested by Director.
- At all times to work in such a way as to promote equal opportunities.
- In addition to the above responsibilities, the job also involves similar duties to be conducted for any future subsidiary companies within the Group.