Senior Engineer Quality Engineering & Evaluation
£Neg + Benefits
Duties / Responsibilities (Including Objectives of the role):
The purpose of this role is to implement Quality Engineering and Evaluation activities in support of new automotive product. This role is to develop and implement failure mode avoidance and product evaluation activities into new projects to reduce downstream costs and avoid customer dissatisfaction. The future forthe business is very bright and very ambitious. This role will provide the candidate the opportunity to be instrumental in the quality and reliability uplift of the products that the business demands. The role will allow the candidate to shape the way we work and implement their own ideas / processes based on previous best practice experience.
Main duties include:
- Drive failure mode avoidance activities within the business, ensuring engineering teams adopt and adhere to the defined working methods
- Develop and deliver clear Failure Mode Avoidance / Robustness activity plans in line with new programme timing
- Report FMA activities/status to the project and engineering teams and drive corrective actions
- Ensure all risk items identified through FMEA activities are inputted into vehicle DVP and verification is carried out robustly
- Create vehicle/part and material Quality Standards to ensure expectations are clearly communicated
- Define vehicle evaluation activities and processes during the whole product life-cycle, particularly pre-production phases, ensuring all issues are captured and fed back into the programme / engineering / supplier for resolution
- Oversee running of reliability fleet vehicles to ensure all activities are completed on time and to budget, driving resolution of all issues identified.
- Conduct virtual and physical fresh-eyes reviews throughout programme to identify potential issues as early as possible
- Define, own and deliver vehicle reliability and customer satisfaction targets and setting process, engaging with external agencies as appropriate (JD Power etc).
- Responsible for on-going (mass production) vehicle evaluation methods and process training
- Execute product evaluation activities for new and existing products
- Run lessons learnt activities during and post programme(s) to ensure issues are not repeated
- Monitor and report activity status to the programme & engineering teams and senior management
- Write clear working processes for the department
- Collaborate with other businesses within the wider Group to align processes & working methods where possible
Qualifications and Experience (Essential & Desirable criteria)
- HNC minimum in an automotive engineering discipline
- Must have experience of implementing failure mode avoidance activities within an automotive environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate application of engineering quality tools & techniques
- Proven management experience.
- High level of failure mode avoidance techniques.
- Working knowledge of FMEA tools & techniques.
- Must have an appreciation of automotive engineering quality tools and vehicle evaluation techniques
- Analytical, structured, confident, with good communication skills.
- Excellent personnel management skills
- Working knowledge of product development processes