Senior Engineer - Instrumentation (Vehicle Attributes)
£Neg + Benefits
Key Role Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manufacture of bespoke test/ instrumentation equipment.
- To deliver high quality test data on development vehicles.
- Work with engineering teams and technicians on the integration of appropriate instrumentation onto development vehicles.
- Data acquisition and analysis of test data on vehicle, rig tests and powertrain test cells.
- Keep up to date records of the instrumentation each test is running including confirmation of equipment calibration.
- Working knowledge of equipment calibration and maintenance.
- Design and application of both digital and analogue electronic circuits to support specific activities including production support.
- Specification of data acquisition systems and transducers on both vehicle and rig tests
- Design and manufacture of strain gauge installations.
- Support offsite test activities, travel could be worldwide and could be several times per year for up to 2 weeks.
- Practical experience in the installation of test instrumentation and data acquisition.
- Experience of building bespoke electrical and electronic equipment to support test and development requirements.
- Experience of installing strain gauges and strain gauge data acquisition.
- Analytical skills supported by sound engineering judgement.
- Ability to develop practical engineering solutions.
- A high level PC skills, especially Excel.
- Working knowledge of electronic systems.
- Full Driving Licence.
- Valid Passport.