New Automotive OEM located in Chippenham is recruiting a Senior Engineer - Complete Seat to join the seating department on a permanent basis.
The Senior Engineer will hold specialist experience developing unique engineering seating systems overseeing full lifecycle from concept to production.
The successful individual must be open-minded with a willingness to embrace new ways of working, thinking and rapid change and be familiar working in a pressurised environment.
- Design, develop and engineer unique seating systems from concept to production.
- Management of a small team including recruitment and people development.
- Champion great design to produce seating that meets all performance and functional criteria.
- Applying problem solving techniques to support the vision specification for new product concepts.
- Participate in and lead creative cross team collaboration to support new product development.
- Take an active, hands-on role to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved.
- Use established development processes, good engineering practice and discipline to deliver robust design solutions to agreed timescales.
- Prepare for (and participate in when required) design reviews with Engineering Heads and Concept Design Director / Chief Engineer and/or Executive, as required.
- Degree Qualified or similar qualification within a relevant Automotive / Engineering discipline.
- Proven track record of managing resource & people development.
- Experience in mechanical engineering, mechanisms, structures.
- Experience of safety systems and their interaction with seating.
- Understanding of electrical interfaces.
- Experience of supplier management with Tier 1 or Tier 2 suppliers.
- Proven ability to communicate through 2D & 3D media such as sketching, CAD, model making, surface modelling.
- Sound knowledge manufacturing techniques, engineering standards, International regulations and Requirements: DFM, Validation, PLM, DFMEA etc.
- Understanding of CAE application to seating and an ability to interrogate the results and process.
- A good balance of practical and theoretical skills; calculations from first principles; prototype rig building and industry test methods to verify the design.
- Technical and personal credibility to work effectively with other teams in RDD. Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate.
Must be eligible to work in the UK with no restriction to apply for this role