Senior Engineer - Chassis - Current Engineering
Permanent or Contract roles available
Our automotive OEM is seeking multiple Senior Chassis Engineers to work on existing cars / projects, supporting changes and modifications within their current engineering team. This will involve Catia V5 Chassis Design and Project Engineering.
Duties / Responsibilities (Including Objectives of the role):
As Senior Engineer - Chassis (Current Engineering), you will support the current engineering team manager to deliver technical solutions to issues identified during the manufacture and customer usage of products. Inputs to the activities will originate from the Customer Services, Manufacturing, Assembly and Purchasing functions.
Individuals at a senior level would be expected to accept ownership of a range of issues and operate with an agreed level of autonomy and accountability.
1. Design support of vehicle chassis subsystems or components:
• Support for BOM including mass information
• Problem resolution and detailed engineering design utilising internal departments and suppliers as appropriate.
• Creation of CAD models, component drawings, assembly drawings, exploded views, installation drawings and data packs including updates to FMEA’s and DVP’s to support issue resolution in accordance with the quality acceptance standards.
• Support to ‘fit and function’ evaluation of subsystem components.
• Support to performance testing of subsystem components and collation of test results.
• Support to assembly line and build concern resolution.
2. Support to the department:
• Support to the generation of planning and proposal information if required.
• Support to the department in achieving the requirements of quality systems approval both internal and external.
Qualifications and Experience (Essential & Desirable criteria)
• HNC or equivalent in mechanical engineering / automotive engineering.
• Expert user of CATIA V5 + data management system (TeamCenter or similar)
• Technical knowledge covering the specification and delivery of Chassis Structure system related parts
• Experience which spans the design process from concept through to production launch.
• Related experience from a role in an Automotive OEM
To apply please send us an MS Word formatted version of your CV across on email for review.