Great time to join an expanding company developing some of the very latest technology used to support electric vehicles. We are looking for an Electronics Engineer with Mixed Signal experience, familiar with SMPS & PSU Design along with measurement techniques such as EMC Testing, Power Supplies and Sensors.
Senior Electronics Engineers are the key detailed designers for the electronic projects in the in-wheel motor range, and you will be responsible for designing and executing the test and validation programs for your designs, including management of external test bodies.
This position would suit an Engineer who has knowledge and experience of ISO 26262 and considerable industry experience, seeing a product from concept into production.
This role reports to the Electronics Design Manager and is based in the UK with an occasional requirement for national and international travel, primarily to China/Europe.
• Full life cycle design from initial concept through to productionisation
• Mixed signal design and interfacing
• SMPS and PSU design and development
• Sensor selection and design of conditioning circuitry
• Designing to meet EMC standards and regulations
• Simulation, calculation and circuit design
• Writing design specifications and reports
• Driving validation and verification activities
• Presentation in design reviews
• Supporting manufacturing activities in the UK and China
Relevant Knowledge & Experience
- Good degree in Electronic Engineering or other relevant subject.
- Strong experience in simulation, design, analysis and test of electronics systems
- Experience in design of embedded processors, sensors and interfacing electronics
- Multiple journeys through complete development lifecycles
- Design for EMC; analysing and rectifying compliance issues
- Design for Manufacture/Test
- Design for functional safety to ISO26262 (ideally ASIL D) or similar
- Familiarity with Infineon Aurix micro processors and AUTOSAR
- Knowledge of communications buses, i.e. CAN, SPI, I2C
- Experience of interfacing with high voltage power electronics
- Thermal modelling and simulation
- Familiarity with relevant automotive legislation, standards and guidelines
- Calculation of component stress and de-rating and reliability estimation
- Familiarity with Altium Designer
- Using and applying DFMEA
- Experience in an automotive OEM or Tier 1 supplier
There is a preference to find an Engineer with automotive experience, although other regulated industries such as Aerospace, Industrial Control, Medical will be considered.
• Discretionary Bonus - up to 15%
• Life Assurance
• Pension Scheme
• Private Healthcare
• Share Options
• Learning & Development
• Relocation package
The client has a forward thinking, professional and open culture and are looking for likeminded individuals who can add value to the hardware department.