Experienced Electric Engineer wanted to help create exceptional scaled down classic cars at The Little Car Company
We need an enthusiastic Senior Electrical Engineer to take on all electrical design for our little cars.
We’re a fast moving start up, and a ‘can do’ attitude is essential.
You’ll report directly into the Engineering Director. We also have a few other projects up our sleeves too.
The day-to-day responsibilities:
• Design and integration of all electrical items onto the cars, working closely with the wider engineering team to deal with whole vehicle packaging requirements and constraints.
• Participate in and support the build and testing of prototype vehicles.
• Coding of motor controller software.
• Participate in and support the certification and homologation of pre-production vehicles.
• Deliver drawings and data to enable the series production of electrical system components.
• Oversee the quality testing of outgoing vehicles from the factory for electrical function and safety.
• Identifying the best component suppliers, building a robust supply chain and looking to reduce supply costs where possible • Help shape engineering process. Continually looking for opportunities to make designs better, safer, more efficient.
What you bring to the table:
• A degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent Electrical Engineering qualification.
• A background in niche, low volume or motorsport engineering with a broad understanding of other vehicle systems.
• High level of attention to detail and a focus on safety.
• CAD Experience.
• The ability to design, create and test prototype wiring harnesses.
• You need to be practical, smart, detail-orientated and be able to spot problems before they happen.
• A hands-on approach. Comfortable in the design office as well as in the workshop.
• Experience with lithium ion rechargeable batteries (we work at 48V).
• Experience with electric vehicle charging systems.
• Experience with motor controllers (we work with Curtis).
• Experience with electric motors in the 5-20kW+ range (we work with Ashwoods).
• Experience of taking vehicles through the homologation process, with familiarity of EMC testing.
• High level of attention to detail and a focus on safety. Nice to have:
• Motorsport experience
• Experience with vehicle remote kill systems
• Experience with remote updating of vehicles over mobile networks
• Solar vehicle experience
• Breadth of experience outside pure automotive, such as aerospace or robotics.